Dear Wildwood Families,
I hope you all have been enjoying the sunshine this summer and have been doing fun things with your family and friends! Mrs. Humphres, our new Assistant Principal, and I have been back in the building since August 1st and have been engaging in trainings with other district administrators and planning to welcome our Wildcats back to school in September! Over the next two weeks, our staff will be setting up their rooms and attending training in preparation for a strong opening of school.
While there are still details to be finalized, here are some important updates for families. Please be sure to check your email, and listen to call outs as we move through these last weeks of August so that you have all the needed information:
1. Be sure to go to fwps.org/verifyonline and log in with your ParentVue credentials and review your child’s information, and make updates, to ensure it is correct. This needs to be completed for every student before school starts. You can also complete the free/reduced lunch application within that process.
2. If you are having difficult accessing your ParentVue account you can email our Data Secretary, Megan Frank, email@example.com for assistance after August 25th.
3. Please watch for a ZOOM meeting invitation coming soon to attend a start of school family information session (English & Spanish). We will be offering two sessions: Thursday, August 26th and/or Monday, August 30th, both at 6:00pm. This session will include start of school details and safety protocols.
4. We are planning to release student class lists on Friday, August 27th. You will be able to access through ParentVue, to see who your child’s teacher is AFTER you complete your online verification.
5. Kindergarten parents, please be watching for an invitation coming next week from your child’s teacher to sign up for a 1:1 meeting (called WaKIDS); every family needs to participate.
Fall Re-Opening: Using guidance from OSPI and the Department of Health, we are planning for a safe return that prioritizes learning. In accordance with Gov. Inslee and OSPI direction, we will be opening the year with full face to face instruction. Please stay tuned for more information to come in the coming weeks.
Health and Safety and Re-Opening: Our scholars’ health and safety are priority. As we prepare for our face to face fall re-opening, our district is hard at work developing health and safety protocols which include social distancing guidelines, arranging schedules that minimize high traffic contact, considering bus transportation and engaging in deep cleaning protocols to minimize the spread of germs. As part of ensuring a safe learning environment, all scholars and staff will be required to wear face masks. Please take the time this summer to both reinforce and practice the wearing of face masks. FWPS will continue to place health and safety as a priority as we look forward to welcoming our scholars back on September 1st. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
We look forward to welcoming back our Wildcats on September 1st (grades 1st-5th) and September 7th (Kindergarten). Our student school day runs from 8:35 am - 3:05 pm. Again, please watch for emails, and please plan to attend one of our parent Zoom meetings to get all the details for our start of school.
We are so excited to see our students, and for the year of learning ahead! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.