Dear Valhalla families,
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! As we navigate remote learning together below are some big ideas:
- Every scholar attends virtual class on-time (M, T, TH, F) and logs into Launch Pad to Learning on Wednesday’s.
- Log in to Launch Pad to Learning every day for independent learning
School-wide weekly email and call out (every Friday at 5pm):
- Weekly schedule, events, and school level communication
Zoom parents sessions (coffee with the principals) twice per month:
- Learn about school initiatives
- Provide feedback and input to improve remote learning for our scholars and families
Canvas (teacher websites):
- Weekly learning plans updated weekly
- Daily lessons posted within 24 hours of live sessions
REMIND (texting app):
- Classroom teacher sends reminders to families
- Key communication occurs through ParentVUE about your scholar’s progress
- Log in regularly to check your scholar’s learning growth
FWPS published a Continuous Learning 2.0 guide for families that reflects the work of a 100- member Continuous Learning Plan committee, made up of parents, school and district staff and feedback from staff, scholars, and parents. This guide reflects research-based best practices and aligns with OSPI and Department of Heath guidelines.
Thank you for your continued partnership as we transition into remote instruction. We are committed to continually growing our practice to support scholar learning.