District Headlines & Features
Dear Titan Families, Scholars, and Staff~
It's been an exciting week of preparation for our teachers and staff at Todd Beamer High School. We hope you are just as excited as we are! Also, thank you to the more than 120 of you who joined us last week for our Family Zoom. We hope that things were clarified more and you were able to obtain a vision for what the Hybrid Instructional model will look like beginning April 19.
YES! Return to In-Person Learning Starts Monday!
We look forward to seeing our scholars on Monday morning—please remember to wear your mask and parents, please make sure you complete the daily online health screen via computer or phone! We want to stress that scholars who refuse to wear their masks or those who do not follow safe distancing protocols may not be able to continue Hybrid learning as this will pose a safety risk to scholars and staff.
New Bell Schedule for ALL Students
A s a reminder, all students will begin class at 7:50 starting Monday. If you are 100% fully remote, please be patient as we start the first period of the day as your teacher will be getting students settled in classrooms for the start of class.
LAPTOPS Provided Here On Site
Just a gentle reminder that your scholar will not need to bring a laptop from home. They will be assigned a laptop here at school to use during Hybrid instruction. They will also be recharged here at school.
WE SUGGEST YOU BRING WATER BOTTLES
We highly encourage the use of water bottles as our drinking fountains can only be used to fill them or regular cups. We do not want to risk transmission of any pathogens if scholars are drinking right out of the fountains.
Timely Updates from Superintendent Dr. Campbell
Please be sure to reference Dr. Campbell’s Friday e-Newsletter for the most up-to-date information related to our planning for in-person learning.
Puget Sound Skills Center
If your student is attending the Puget Sound Skills Center (PSCC) you should have received a phone call from the school to confirm when your child will attend and details on transportation. If you have any questions or have not heard from us, please call the school office! There was a slight communications snafu where we inadvertently stated the incorrect time for PSSC B scholars to arrive at school. The six approved PSSC-B scholars being transported to PSSC must arrive at school by 9:55 am in order to complete the necessary health checks. The van will leave at 10:00 am Thursdays and Fridays.
Safety is a Top Priority
As we prepare to return for in person options, we want to emphasize we have a detailed and specific plan to support a safe and healthy learning environment for all students that return to in-person learning: ·
· All staff and scholars are always required to wear masks at our school campus and on the bus. If a scholar doesn't comply with wearing a mask, the school principal will call the parent/guardian to come and pick up the child. ·
· Social distancing will be enforced in all areas and there will be regular handwashing throughout the day.
· Visitors will not be allowed on campus in order to minimize the number of people on campus.
· You can find more details around our safety protocols in our Hybrid Model Family Guide at: https://www.fwps.org/hybridmodelfamilyguide
· or the Hybrid Model Staff Guide at: https://www.fwps.org/hybridmodelstaffguide
Details on the In-Person Model:
With the secondary hybrid model, students in 100% remote and students in hybrid will be on the same schedule with their existing teachers.
· Students in 100% remote: students join their classes via Zoom – just as they have been.
· Students in hybrid: there will be some classes in-person and some classes remote. Students in hybrid learning will receive:
o Two classes in-person and two classes remote (Zoom classes) 4 days a week delivered by their existing teachers.
All the best,
Ms. Anali Weatherhead
Proud TBHS Principal