District Headlines & Features
August 7, 2020
Dear Titan Parents, Scholars, and Families,
I hope you are spending quality time taking care of yourselves with those who mean the most to you. The worldwide pandemic continues to pose some challenges especially in education where our desired instructional approach is to teach face-to-face within our school building; however, due to the continued health risks to our scholars and staff and the data related to the number of reported COVID-19 cases, our district is aligning with all other school districts in Western Washington. We will begin the 2020-2021 school year fully remote with a start date based on what state health officials determine is safe and best for all. While September 2nd is the first scheduled day of school, our district wants to make sure that all precautions and plans are in place for a successful and robust teaching and learning experience!
What does this mean? It means scholars will be learning and working from home. It means our partnership with parents and guardians is more important now than ever.
- Scholars must have a working laptop and WiFi connection.
- Teachers will provide instruction via ZOOM every day during assigned periods similar to a regular school day.
- These classes will be abbreviated: (Green days: 1, 3, 5, 7 and Blue days 2, 4, 6, 8) will now be taught during a four hour block of time every other quarter.
- Your child’s class schedule will be posted in StudentVue before the start of the remote school year.
- Our district will determine when we will be able to re-open our school building: hybrid or full in-class instruction based on what is safest for scholars and staff. For now, however, full remote instruction is being planned for immediate implementation.
What can I do now?
- If your family is currently enrolled at Todd Beamer High School you must go-online and provide verification of your enrollment. This is a requirement! You may access the verification portal through: https://www.fwps.org/Page/4926
- Make sure all information in ParentVue/StudentVue is current: phone numbers, email addresses, and mailing addresses.
- Pay attention to all communications from Federal Way Public Schools: letters, emails, phone calls, websites, social media.
- Pay attention to all communications from Todd Beamer High School: letters, emails, phone calls, websites, social media.
- You will soon be receiving pertinent and important information regarding the following:
- School supplies
- Laptop and Wifi information and technology need
- Student schedules
- Zoom Invitations: for parents, guardians, and scholars.
How will school be different from last year’s remote experience? All scholars will be required to participate: attendance will be taken and engagement will be required. All scholars will be graded on meeting class-specific standards. We know you may still have a lot of questions! For Frequently Asked Questions, please go to our district’s link found here: https://www.fwps.org/Page/7672
Again, please be on the look out for future mailings and communication regarding your scholar as we continue to apply safety protocols, schedules, and attendance structures in a full-remote and graded learning environment at Todd Beamer High School. We seek and appreciate your partnership in order to ensure our scholars engage successfully in their learning!
All the best,