Essential Remote Summer Learning for ALL Students
Parents and guardians, we ask that you dedicate time for learning in your child’s daily schedule this summer.
We've mailed packets and provided online learning activities to help minimize learning loss over the summer. Set aside 90 minutes a day if your child is in grades K-5 and 110 minutes a day for grades 6-12. Additionally, it's helpful if your child has a designated space for learning. Knowing the importance of learning for all students, students who checked out loaner laptops and Wi-Fi hot spots can keep them over the summer.
Remote summer learning activities available for your child include:
- A daily learning schedule here: www.fwps.org/Page/7652.
- Five-weeks’ worth of standards-based activities mailed to students the week of July 6, 2020. These are not graded. Electronic versions of these packets found here: www.fwps.org/Page/7652.
- A range of digital resources found here: www.fwps.org/Page/7653.
- Recorded video lessons for grades K-3 in English Language Arts and math will be available online and broadcast on local TV Channel 21.*
- The YouTube schedule and links are found below.
- The Channel 21 schedule is found below.
*Check out the video archive of past weeks' lessons here: www.fwps.org/Page/7671!
YouTube Video Lessons – Grades K-3
Local TV Channel 21 Lesson Weekly Schedule
*Afternoon videos are reruns of the morning programming
Please note Friday's Channel 21 schedule will not be new lessons, rather select lessons will be showcased that were previously played during that week.