How Do I get a Professional Teachers Certificate?

Posted by:

There are currently two routes to the Professional Teachers Certificate.  Both routes require that you have completed course work in issues of abuse, which is required by state law.

Route 1

Complete a Professional Teachers Certificate Program at a college or university in Washington.

State approved certification program offered at one of 22 colleges or universities listed below.

Route 2

Hold a valid certificate issued by the National Board for Professional Teachers Standards (NBPTS).  Information about NBPTS certification in Washington is available online.

Antioch University
Central Washington University
City University
Eastern Washington University
Gonzaga University
Heritage College
Northwest College
Pacific Lutheran University
Pacific Oaks College
Seattle Pacific University
Seattle University
St. Martin’s College
The Evergreen State College
University of Puget Sound
UW Tacoma, Bothell, Seattle
Walla Walla College
Washington State University
Western Washington University
Whitman College
Whitworth College