- Federal Way Public Schools
- The Scholar Chronicle
We’re building on last year’s “Summer for All” by planning a variety of offerings for scholars. These opportunities include:
• Learning packets for all scholars
• Video lessons for grades K–5
• Online resources like iReady, MyOn, Mathia, and Legends of Learning
We also have targeted learning opportunities, both in-person and virtual, for identified scholars, that include:
• Music camps
• Fitness activities
• Industry certifications
• STEAM camps
• And more!
Check out our video lessons for scholars in grades K–5 online at www.fwps.org or on Federal Way local channel 21 from July 5–30, 2021.
Prevent the Summer Slide: Read 30 Minutes a Day
Research shows that students who read for one hour a day make almost two years of growth in reading. Encourage your child to be curious about books—practice reading skills and read 30 minutes a day this summer.
Visit the FRED Bus
Fred—it’s a big, green bus with a whole lot of fun! This year, FRED activities will include grab and go meals and take-home activity kits for scholars. All kids, birth to 18, are welcome!
Fred's Schedule: Wednesdays July 30 - June 28, 2021
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. @ Camelot Square
- 12:12-1:15 p.m. @ Applan Way
- 2:15 - 3:00 p.m. @ Crestview west
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. @ View at the Lakes
- 12:12-1:15 p.m. @ Uptown Square
- 2:15 - 3:00 p.m. @ Kitts Corner
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. @ Enchanted Woods
- 12:12-1:15 p.m. @ Park 16
- 2:15 - 3:00 p.m. @ The Pavilion
We’re excited to be offering these great opportunities that support our scholars’ continued learning during the summer months and are aligned with our strategic plan goals, including Goal 2: The Whole Child, and Goal 5: High School Graduation Through Successful Transitions.