- Federal Way Public Schools
- Construction Projects
Bonds are for Buildings
- Construction Projects
- Building Condition and Learning Environment Scores
- Design Oversight Committee
- Facilities Planning Committee
- Facts About Bonds and Levies
What to Expect During Construction
We’re starting a new chapter at Wildwood Elementary School, with a brand-new building that promises to be a great improvement, with more room, improved security, greater functionality, and increased flexibility moving forward. We are excited about the opportunities the new school will bring, and we know that the construction period may bring some changes to the day to day activities in the neighborhood. This construction work will begin after school lets out for the summer and will continue through the 2019-20 school year.
- There may be intermittent heavy traffic as materials are delivered and equipment is mobilized (June 2019 - February 2020).
- Noise levels may be higher than normal from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, due to construction equipment and crews.
- Street improvements may cause additional impacts, and a notice will be distributed in advance of this work.
- Demolition of the existing school (Summer 2019) will require construction equipment that produces higher noise levels than during the typical construction period.
If you have any questions or concerns during this time or throughout construction, contact us at 253-945-BOND (2663).
Wildwood Elementary currently serves approximately 600 PreK through fifth-grade scholars in a building that opened in 1967. It has one of the lowest building condition assessments and is ranked in the top 10 by the Facilities Planning Committee.
Construction of the new Wildwood Elementary is scheduled to break ground in Summer 2019, with an anticipated opening of Fall 2020.
- Projected capacity: 600
- Architect: Integrus Architecture
- General Contractor/Construction Manager (GC/CM): FORMA Construction
- Design: Spring 2018–Spring 2019
- Construction: Summer 2019–Summer 2020
- Expected opening: Fall 2020
Take a look inside the new Wildwood Elementary School
Ongoing Community Engagement
We’ve engaged all stakeholders, including students, staff, parents, and neighbors, throughout the planning and design process, and we will continue to provide updates as we move toward construction. Thank you to all who have shared your voice throughout this process and provided valuable insight as we developed the design for Wildwood Elementary.