- Federal Way Public Schools
- Construction Projects
- Construction Projects
- Building Condition and Learning Environment Scores
- Design Oversight Committee
- Facilities Planning Committee
- Facts About Bonds and Levies
- Star Lake - Evergreen Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Olympic View Elementary
The construction of Olympic View K-8 will provide capacity for additional scholars in support of Goal 1 of the Strategic Plan and the guiding principles of the district facilities planning.
Olympic View received a Building Condition Score of 75.19% and a Learning Environment Score of 32. For more information about these scores: https://www.fwps.org/Page/5031
Olympic View Elementary School currently serves kindergarten to fifth grade scholars. The current building was constructed in 1961.
Olympic View K-8 is being rebuilt atop the previous Olympic View Elementary School.
- Projected capacity: 600 K-8 school students
- Architect: McGranahan Architects
- General Contractor/Construction Manager (GC/CM): FORMA Construction
- Design: Spring 2022–Fall 2022
- Construction: Winter 2022–Summer 2023
- Expected opening: Fall 2023
What to Expect During Construction
We’re starting a new chapter at Olympic View, with a brand-new building serving expanded grade levels as a K-8 school. This new school will be a great improvement, with more room, improved security, greater functionality, and increased flexibility for students over many decades.
We are excited about the opportunities this new school will bring, and we know that the construction period may bring some changes to the day to day activities in the neighborhood. Here are a few things you may notice while crews are working to bring this brand-new school to the neighborhood:
- There may be intermittent heavy traffic as materials are delivered and equipment is mobilized.
- Noise levels may be higher than normal from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, due to construction equipment and crews.
- Street improvements may cause additional impacts, and a notice will be distributed in advance of this work.
We strive to be excellent neighbors, so please let us know if you have any questions or challenges throughout construction. You can reach us at 253-945-BOND (2663) from 8:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
We engaged all stakeholders, including students, staff, parents, and neighbors, throughout the planning and design process, and we will continue to provide updates as we move toward construction. Thank you to all who have shared your voice throughout this process and provided valuable insight as we developed the design for Olympic View K-8.