- Federal Way Public Schools
- Construction Projects
- Construction Projects
- Building Condition and Learning Environment Scores
- Design Oversight Committee
- Facilities Planning Committee
- Facts About Bonds and Levies
Lake Grove Elementary
What to Expect During Construction
We’re starting a new chapter at Lake Grove Elementary School, with a brand-new building that promises to be a great improvement, with more room, improved security, greater functionality, and increased flexibility moving forward. We are excited about the opportunities the new school will bring, and we know that the construction period may bring some changes to the day to day activities in the neighborhood.
- There may be intermittent heavy traffic as materials are delivered and equipment is mobilized.
- Noise levels may be higher than normal from 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, due to construction equipment and crews.
- Street improvements may cause additional impacts, and a notice will be distributed in advance of this work.
- Demolition of the existing school will require construction equipment that produces higher noise levels than during the typical construction period.
If you have any questions or concerns during this time or throughout construction, contact us at 253-945-BOND (2663).
The current Lake Grove Elementary School building opened in 1965 and was ranked in the top 10 schools needing to be rebuilt by the Facilities Planning Committee in 2017. The new building will provide capacity for additional preschool and elementary students, in support of Goal 1 of the Strategic Plan and the guiding principles of district facilities planning.
- Projected capacity: 600
- Architect: Integrus Architecture
- General Contractor/Construction Manager (GC/CM): FORMA Construction
- Design: Spring 2018–Spring 2019
- Construction: Summer 2019–Winter 2020
- Expected opening: Winter 2020
See the Latest Construction Progress!
Take a look inside the new Lake Grove Elementary School
Ongoing Community Engagement
We’ve engaged all stakeholders, including students, staff, parents, and neighbors, throughout the planning and design process, and we will continue to provide updates as we move toward construction. Thank you to all who have shared your voice throughout this process and provided valuable insight as we developed the design for Lake Grove Elementary.