- Lakota Middle School
Lakota Nurse - Jessica Crane, BSN, RN
Hello Falcon families!
My name is Jessica Crane and I am Lakota’s registered nurse. I wanted to inform you all that in Washington State, the Tdap vaccine is required for school attendance in grades 7 – 12. The Tdap is a booster vaccine which continues to protect your child against the tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis diseases they were immunized against as young child. All scholars attending grade 7 must have one dose of Tdap vaccine given at or after age 11 to be valid for school entry, or have a valid Certificate of Immunization Exemption form on file before September 2021.
To update your scholar’s Tdap immunization record at the school, you will need to turn in a medically verified immunization record. Current immunization rules do not allow parents to self- report immunization dates. You will need to collect one of the following and turn it into the school nurse before the first day of school: · A completed Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) signed by a health care provider. Find the CIS form by visiting https://www.doh.wa.gov/SCCI and clicking on “Certificate of Immunization Status.”
· A CIS filled out and signed by the parent/guardian with medical records attached.
· A CIS printed by a health care provider or school from the Washington State Immunization Information System. · A CIS printed from MyIR which is a free Department of Health online tool that allows families to view and print their official immunization records themselves. Go to https://wa.myir.net/register to begin the sign-up process.
· An Immigration Immunization Certificate signed by a physician.
· A printout of a Department of Health Immunization form from another state.
· A completed Certificate of Exemption form.
The Washington State immunization rule changes can be found at
Please have a safe and happy summer, and we look forward to seeing you in the fall!
Jessica Crane, BSN, RN
Lakota Middle School
253-945-4809 fax 253-945-4848
- Lakota HIPPA Authorization for Exchange of Medical Information
- Non-Prescription Drug Form
- Epinephrine Medication Order Form
- Medication Order Form (Inhalers and any prescription meds)
- G-Tube Feeding Order Form
- Diabetic Orders and Supplies needed for the new school year
- Certificate of Immunization Status
- Certificate of Exemption