Safe Arrival Attendance Notification Program
Because safety is of utmost importance, the district uses automated messaging to alert parents and guardians if their child has an unexcused absence. If parents have notified their child’s school of the absence, the automated system will not contact them.
Safe Arrival Morning Attendance Notifications
Approximately an hour after the school start time, a morning attendance call/email will be placed to the primary phone number/email for the parent/guardian based on what's listed in the student information system (ParentVUE).
Families of students will receive a morning attendance call/email if their child has an unexcused absence.
Safe Arrival Evening Attendance Notifications
In the evening, all parents and guardians of seconday students who were late or had an unexcused absence will receive a call/email informing them of their child’s absence. These notifications are scheduled for 5 p.m.
Important Attendance Information
Parents can log in to ParentVUE (grades.fwps.org) to:
- See if their child has logged into asynchronous (independent) learning in Launchpad to Learning on Wednesdays.
- View if their child attended synchronous (live) learning as absences will be recorded by teachers for students who did not attend class.
Reporting student absences:
- If your child is absent from school due to illness, medical appointment, technology issues or other reasons, you can enter this in ParentVUE. Log in to ParentVUE at grades.fwps.org, select “Attendance” in the left column, then select “Report Absence”.
- If absences can’t be reported online, you can still contact your child’s school.
Ensure your notification preferences are updated in Blackboard C5i (Parentlink):
- Review and edit your contact preferences at federalway.parentlink.net or through the FWPS mobile app and click on “Parentlink”. If you haven’t downloaded the app, search for “Federal Way Public Schools” on your smart phone.
- For assistance with editing delivery settings or your login credentials, contact your child's school.
For assistance with the Automated Notification System or support with editing delivery settings or your login credentials, contact your child's school.
If you have other questions about our Automated Notification System or the FWPS Mobile App, please call or email the district’s Communications Office.