Attendance Notification Program
Student attendance is essential especially during this time of remote learning. For the 2020-21 school year, school districts are required per state guidelines to take attendance whether instruction is 100% remote, face-to-face, or in a hybrid model.
It’s critical that your child attends school every day so they don’t miss out on significant instruction and learning opportunities during school.
Important Attendance Information for the 2020-21 School Year
New This Year: Parents can log in to ParentVUE to:
- See if their child has logged into asynchronous (independent) learning in Launchpad to Learning on Wednesdays.
- View if their child attended synchronous (live) learning on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays as absences will be recorded by teachers for students who did not attend class.
Reporting student absences:
- New This Year: Parents can now report their child(ren)’s absence in ParentVUE. If your child is absent from school due to illness, medical appointment, technology issues or other reasons, you can enter this in ParentVUE. Log in to ParentVUE at grades.fwps.org, select “Attendance” in the left column, then select “Report Absence”.
- If absences can’t be reported online, you can still contact your child’s school.
- The district will send automated attendance messages to the primary parent/guardian for unreported absences as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for Synchronous “Live” instruction at 5:30 p.m. via voice call and email.
- Thursday morning, for Wednesday’s Asynchronous “Independent” learning, at 9 a.m. via email.
Ensure your notification preferences are updated in Blackboard C5i (Parentlink):
- Review and edit your contact preferences at federalway.parentlink.net or through the FWPS mobile app and click on “Parentlink”. If you haven’t downloaded the app, search for “Federal Way Public Schools” on your smart phone.
- For assistance with editing delivery settings or your login credentials, contact your child's school.
For assistance with the Automated Notification System or support with editing delivery settings or your login credentials, contact your child's school.
If you have other questions about our Automated Notification System or the FWPS Mobile App, please call or email the district’s Communications Office.