District Headlines & Features
November 21, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Welcome Back, Wolf Pack Families,
I hope you all had a fabulous summer break! It’s time to get geared up for the 2019-20 school year. The first day of school is fast approaching! I am so excited to welcome each of my wonderful wolves to TAF@Saghalie for an engaging school year. We know that you will find a connection and a home in our wolf pack regardless if you are an incoming 6th grader, 9th grader, or new to our community. This year we will continue to advance in our Federal Way Public School Strategic Plan and within the Technology Access Foundation(TAF) five pillars. Our strategic plan focus will continue to be on Goal 4 - Content Mastery with a specific focus on integrated and rigorous project based learning (PBL), Goal 5 – Persistence to Graduation, and Goal 2 – The Whole Child. The TAF five pillar focus of racial equity and stem-integration will enhance our work with strategic plan goals. This year we are also committed to increasing scholar and family voice as we continue to build and define or school community.
Here’s what you can expect in the 2019-2020 school year:
What’s NEW for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- 5 period dayfor all grades 6th - 12th (3 core classes + 2 electives)
- A wider variety of elective options for students in grades 6-8 and focused options for grades 9-12
- Advisory will change to grade level/house team STEM LABs (2 times per month, on non-early release Wednesdays)for all grades 6th -12th – STEM LAB will be taught by house teachers and supported by elective teachers
- ALL classes will meet for 69 minutes daily.
*except on early release, our school-wide “stem lab” or special schedule days (ex: assemblies)
- We will move to 2 lunches…one lunch for 6th + 7th grade scholars and one lunch for 8th + HS scholars
- Increased math options for advanced level middle school students
What’s THE SAME for 2019-2020 School Year:
- We will maintain our house system for core content classes (math, science, humanities) in grades 6th – 8th . The whole HS is a house system and will continue to work collaboratively to support students academically and social emotionally.
- ALL 6th- 12th Grade are ALL on the same bell schedule.
Thank you for your support and partnership as we enter into year three! We appreciate you! Please visit our website, email, or call us if you have any questions or concerns.
Proud Principal TAF@SGH 6-12
253-945-5022 - office