2023-24 School Year Information
The first day of the 2023-24 school year for grades K-12 is August 30, 2023.
We look forward to seeing all of you soon!
On This Page:
- Quick Links
- Explore What's New This Year
- Back to School Stories
- Frequently Asked Questions
Enrollment and Verfication
Ensure your child can start school on time by completing the enrollment or verification process by August 30.
Most school supplies are provided by FWPS at no cost and will be distributed to your child at school.
Look up your child's bus route which includes pick-up and drop-off times and locations. Plus, view information about alternative routes, in the event of inclement weather or poor road conditions.
Find out what time your child's school day begins and ends, including early dismissal and early release days.
FWPS is proud to partner with Right At School to offer before and after childcare at every elementary and K-8 site throughout the school year.
All scholars must be up to date on routine childhood immunizations to start the school year. Be sure to review the requirements, particularly for children entering PK, kindergarten, and grade 7.
Free School Meals
For the 2023-24 school year, breakfast and lunch will be provided at no cost each school day, regardless of free and reduced eligibility status.
Student safety is our top priority. Here are our best practices when traveling to, from, and around schools for students, families, and local drivers.
Make preparing for the school year a manageable process to experience a smooth and informed transition for your family, and of course, your FWPS scholar.
- Where can I find my child's school supply list?
- My child is on the waitlist for a choice school. When does the waitlist dissolve?
- When and where can I view my middle or high school child's courses?
- Who can I speak with to have my child assessed for special education support?
- Who can I speak to about school meal accommodations?
- How do I sign up as a volunteer at my child's school?
- How do I pay school fees for yearbooks, ASB, fines, and more?