Eligible families: Get help buying food with Pandemic-EBT
Because schools were closed due to COVID-19, your student may be eligible for food assistance with the Pandemic EBT (P-EBT): Emergency School Meals Program. Every eligible student may qualify for up $399.
This benefit is for Washington children in grades K-12 who receive free or reduced school meals, or students who attend a Community Eligibility Provision School: Career Academy, Lake Grove, Mark Twain, Mirror Lake, Olympic View, Open Doors, Panther Lake, Rainier View, Silver Lake, Sunnycrest, or Wildwood.
If your child is not currently approved for free or reduced meals, but you think they may qualify complete an application before June 30, 2020 to be eligible for P-EBT benefits: www.fwps.org/lunchapplication.
How do eligible families receive the P-EBT benefit?
- This benefit is provided on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card which is used like a debit card to buy food.
- If your family already receives Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Basic Food benefits no application is required. The Department of Social and Health Services will automatically issue P-EBT benefits on your existing EBT card by July 7, 2020.
- If your family does not receive basic food benefits, apply for P-EBT at www.washingtonconnection.org or call 877-501-2233. The application opens by June 30, 2020 and must be completed before the start of the 2020-21 school year. Once approved, an EBT card will be mailed to you.
- For help determining if your child qualifies for free or reduced meals contact FWPS Nutrition Services at 253-945-5555.
- For questions about P-EBT benefits visit www.k12.wa.us/PEBT or call 877-501-2233.