FWHS Office Hours
Monday thru Friday 7 am to 2:30 pm
Main Office Phone: 253-945-5400
Counseling Office 253-945-5407/5408
Attendance Office 253-945-5419
Dear students and parents,
Welcome back to school! I hope each of you had a summer filled with great experiences and positive memories. During the summer, Federal Way High School has been continuing to advance. Staff have attended many workshops and professional development opportunities to constantly improve curriculum and instruction.
The finalization of construction of our brand new school has been very exciting! Some of the recent programs that have started are: Pro-Start Culinary Program, Advanced Manufacturing / Engineering Program, Coding / Game Design and computer science courses, and Sports Medicine program. In addition, we are an AVID National School of Distinction and National Demonstration School. Thank you again to our families and the community for the new Federal Way High School and all of the new opportunities it provides our students.
As the start of the 2019-20 school year begins, I would like parents and students to be aware of and proud of the accomplishments completed last year and to challenge this year’s students to achieve even more.
Federal Way High School had many wins and triumphs last year, some of them were:
- Four ACT 6 full scholarship award recipients;
- A US Air Force Academy cadet;
- Air Force JROTC received the Distinguished Unit with Merit Award;
- Choir received gold and silver at the World Strides Heritage Music Festival;
- Band and Orchestra received silver at the World Strides Heritage Music Festival;
- A Speech and Debate All American;
- Pacific Islander ASB Club finished first in academics and third in dance in the Annual Samoan Arts and Academics Competition;
- A second round draft for Major League Baseball’s SanDiego Padres;
- Boys Basketball finished third in State;
- A McDonald’s All American and WA State Gatorade Player of the Year for Boys Basketball;
- Girls Wrestling Team finished fourth in State;
- RoboEagles robotics team earned 12th place finish in district State championship;
- 100% of the AVID senior class was accepted to a university;
- Boys Track Team finished fourth in State;
- Federal Way High School received its AdvancedEd National Accreditation certification; and
- The Class of 2019 students received over $4.5 million in scholarships
We are looking forward to a great year. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Federal Way High School is a great school!
Dr. Matt Oberst