Skip To Main Content

Color1 BG Container

District Nav

Landing Nav

Choice Transfer Request

Scholars must obtain a Choice Transfer Request (or release form) from their resident district if attending a school outside of their resident district.

Please Note:

  • Scholars must fill out this form yearly.
  • Transfer Requests for the following school year will be open for processing each January 1st. (e.g. you may submit a transfer request for the 2024-25 school year starting January 1st, 2024).


Coming to FWPS



Scholars who reside outside of FWPS district boundaries must be initially approved through the Choice Process (see Choice Registration Program for timeline and details) and obtain a Choice Transfer Request from their resident district before attending any FWPS school. The Choice Transfer Request must be filed every year.

You may do this by filling out the online form, or by visiting the office of your resident district to fill out the paper form. You may also download the paper form below and send it to to be submitted to your school district.



Transferring Out of FWPS




Scholars residing within the Federal Way Public Schools boundaries wishing to attend a school at another district may submit the form in one of the following ways:

  • Submit a Choice Transfer Request form online.
  • Send an application (download from documents to the right) to or fax to 253-661-0424 for processing, or
  • Visit the Educational Service Center to fill out a form.




Contact Us

Educational Service Center
33330 8th Ave South
Federal Way, WA 98003

Phone: 253-945-2098

Choice Policy 3131