Address: 2626 SW 327th St
Federal Way, WA 98023
Principal: Allison Hargroves
Assistant Principal: Jenai Choi
Counseling: Chantel Jacoway
Year School was Built: 1962
School Mission Statement
As an informed and educated inclusive school, our purpose is to ensure high expectations and success for ALL scholars and staff. We are committed to data-driven achievement through continuous support, communication and collaboration.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 99% of scholars with no exclusionary discipline, supporting a safe and welcoming environment
- Strong attendance rates with 95% of our scholars attending school regularly
Area of Focus
- Olympic View is focusing on refining our PBIS systems and school-wide academic and social-emotional supports. We are also focused on student voice and engagement through scholar advisory groups
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Strong gains in the number of fifth graders achieving grade level in ELA and math (+20% increase)
- Success for our scholars who speak English as a second language: We have doubled the number of scholars exiting the ELL program in 2018
Area of Focus
- High quality core instruction in every class, every day. Formative assessment and targeted feedback to drive scholar success
We encourage all parents and community members to join Olympic View’s PTA for volunteer opportunities. All volunteers need to have a valid background check on file in the office. Please stop by the office with any inquiries.
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.