…a program designed to prepare students in the middle who have not previously succeeded in a college preparatory path for admission to four year universities and colleges.
- To provide academic instruction to students and to prepare them for eligibility for four year colleges and universities
- To give students college level entry skills
- To increase the “coping skills” of program participants
- To motivate program students to seek a college education
- To increase the participants’ level of career awareness
- Learn with tutors in areas of your choice
- Writing for all classes
- Developing success strategies
- How to apply for college
- Preparing for a professional career
- Visiting college campuses
- Interacting with guest speakers
- Participating in extra curricular and community activities
AVID is looking for students who...
- desire to be the first in their family to attend college.
- behave appropriately at school.
- have parental support/commitment to the AVID program.
- are willing to commit themselves to a minimum of two hours of homework every night.
- have two teacher recommendations.
Apply Today! Visit the AVID Application page.
Questions? Contact Ms. Staley or Ms. Thompson
Ms. Amanda Staley
Ms. Amber Thompson