Panther Lake School Information
Address: 34424 1st Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Tabatha Ritch
Assistant Principal:Dianne Harlow
Counseling: Andrea Cravioto
Year School was Built: Construction complete of new building in 2009 (original school built in 1960)
School Mission Statement
At Panther Lake Elementary, we will develop anti-racist scholars who are fully equipped with the skills needed to: Advocate for their own learning needs; positively contribute to diverse learning communities; and reach their full potential as student-scholars.
Our School Goals
Our school goals aligned with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- We are proud of the work we are doing implementing Positive behavioral interventions and supports (PBIS) at Panther Lake to encourage good behavior and responsible learners.
- Student voice and is important to us and having our Scholar Advisory Panel allows us to celebrate the ideas and leadership of the students we are teaching.
Area of Focus
- We have a diverse population of students at Panther Lake and want to encourage them to reach their full potential as inclusive academic peers and advocates for their success.
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- K-5 Implementation of Ready Math
- K-2 Fundations Phonics Adoption
Area of Focus
- High quality core instruction in every classroom, every day—with a focus on teacher teams working in teams to plan and analyze data
We are excited to build strong relationships with our families. Our aim is to build a strong PTO here at Panther Lake and we welcome all who would like to volunteer. In an effort to transform Panther Lake we have created multiple volunteer opportunities so all stakeholder voices are heard and valued. Stop by the school office and pick up a volunteer application today. or fill out the Volunteer Form online.
Federal Way Public Schools and Panther Lake are committed to keeping families informed, prepared and connected to their child's education and well-being.
We are always open to new ideas and partnerships! If you would like to connect on how you can share your funds of knowedge with our school or your child's class, please connect with our Family Liaison, Emiliano Sanchez.
Office Hours/Phone: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm M-F (253) 945-3627 Using the Remind app? Use the Class Code @g4cdhffcc3
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at https://washingtonstatereportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us/
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.