FWPS will continue to make decisions about reopening in alignment with guidance from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Washington State Department of Health (WSDOH).
Federal Way Public Schools return to hybrid/in-person dates (for families who request this for their child):
- March 15, 2021: Return to hybrid/in-person learning for PreK–1, K-2 ACP, ETP, and K-12 FCP.
- March 29, 2021: Return to hybrid/in-person learning for Grades 2-3 and 3-5 ACP.
- April 1, 2021: Return to hybrid/in-person learning for Grades 4-5.
- April 19, 2021: Return to hybrid/in-person learning for grades 6-12
- Secondary hybrid model overview: https://www.fwps.org/Page/8102
- Woodmont and Nautilus Gr 6-8 hybrid model overview: https://www.fwps.org/Page/8105
- Secondary bell time schedule beginning Monday, April 19: www.fwps.org/Page/8038.
- Family guide for grades 6-12: www.fwps.org/hybridmodelfamilyguide
- The PSSC information can be found here: https://www.fwps.org/Page/8115
TRANSITION WEEK TO SECONDARY HYBRID/IN-PERSON: APRIL 12-16, 2021
In preparation for the secondary hybrid model, we have updated the schedule to incorporate valuable transition time for our scholars, staff and families. This transition time will involve a week of asynchronous activities beginning April 12 to ensure a smooth start of in-person learning beginning April 19.
There is also one implication for all grade levels for Tuesday, April 13.
For the week of April 12-16, the schedule is as follows:
• Monday, April 12
-Grades 6-8: Live Zoom classes with their teachers from 8 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Middle schools have adjusted their schedule for this date only. Your child’s school will provide you the schedule.
-Grades 9-12 (except for grades 9-12 FCP and ETP): Students can connect with their teachers via Zoom for support with completing work for the quarter during open office hours of 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. All scholars in these grade levels must log in to Launchpad to Learning to account for attendance.
• Tuesday, April 13 - Asynchronous learning for all PreK-12 scholars as teachers plan for the transition between quarters and secondary staff will have time to prepare classrooms for in-person learning. All PreK-5 scholars in these grade levels need to log in to Launchpad to Learning.
• Wednesday, April 14 – Asynchronous day per the normal schedule. All PREK-5 scholars in these grade levels need to log in to Launchpad to Learning.
• Thursday, April 15 - Asynchronous learning for grades 6-12 (except for grades 6-12 FCP/ETP). Scholars in these grade levels need to log in to Launchpad to Learning.
• Friday, April 16 - Asynchronous learning for grades 6-12 (except for grades 6-12 FCP/ETP). Scholars in these grade levels need to log in to Launchpad to Learning.
-Students in grades 6-12 participating in hybrid learning will attend a 10-11 a.m. Zoom session with their SEL/CCR teacher.
As a reminder: Scholars will log into Launchpad to Learning and log into their current Canvas course to participate in asynchronous learning on these dates.
For parents of students in grades 6-12, your child’s school will provide the detailed school schedule that starts April 19, 2021.