Address: 36001 1st Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98023
Principal: Brianna Ward
Assistant Principal: Gabrielle Knittel
Counseling: Nolita Bentley
Year School was Built: 1971
School Mission Statement
At Illahee Middle School we welcome, celebrate, and prepare all Braves from all backgrounds to become life-long learners and positive contributors to society.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 99% of scholars participated in Spring Student Led Conferences
- 96% of Illahee scholars did not receive exclusionary discipline in 2018-2019
Area of Focus
- By 2022, 100% of scholars will feel school is safe and welcoming. We will support this through our PBIS systems, scholar advisory and BRAVE way expectations
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Significant increase in the number of 7th Grade scholars on grade level in ELA (+8%) as measured by the SBA
- Over the past 3 years, our 6th Graders have increased by 12% the number of students on grade level in math as measured by the SBA
Area of Focus
- Preparing scholars for high school: By 2022, 80% of 8th grade scholars will be meeting or exceeding grade-level standards in English/Language Arts
We encourage families to volunteer at Illahee. We have a number of field trip and classroom needs that require active participation from families. All parents and family members wanting to participate should visit the front office for a WSP background check packet.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.