Address: 4400 S 308th St
Auburn, WA 98001
Principal: Margaret Peterson
Assistant Principal: Crystal Emerson
Counseling: Jillian Hove
Year School was Built: 1970
School Mission Statement
Every Scholar: A voice, A dream, A bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- Equity Team meets weekly to explore issues of social justice, privilege, language, gender, and racism and how they impact our scholars. We challenge ourselves to see the world through others’ perspectives and change outcomes for scholars
- PBIS/RP work is aligned to support growth in scholar social emotional well being. The most recent data includes: Tier 1 PBIS Implementation at 90%; Tier 2 at 58%; exclusionary disciplinary incidents reduced by 82% over four years
Area of Focus
- Including scholar voice on the PBIS Tier 1 team and continuing to grow our Tier 2 model with a strong Intervention Continuum
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- School-wide common commitments for instruction have been developed to support an increase in the number of scholars on grade level in both math and ELA
- MYP/AVID Programming supports rigorous learning opportunities and preparation for high school IB. The two joined together provide a cohesive instructional framework with aligned instructional strategies across every classroom
Area of Focus
- Increasing daily work completion rates in every classroom and providing intervention opportuntieis embedded within the school day
We have monthly family partnership events held at school in the evenings. Please look for dates and topics on our website.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.