Nautilus K-8 School Profile
Address: 1000 S 289th St
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Emily Veling
Assistant Principal: Carlito Umali
Counselor: Ashley Richards
Year School was Built: 1968
School Mission Statement
Our mission at Nautilus is to Prepare, Inspire and Educate all students.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 100% of Nautilus families attended face-to-face SLCs in the 2018-19 school year
- 96% of Nautilus scholars did not miss any instruction time due to exclusionary discipline, indicating a safe and positive learning environment
Area of Focus
- Developing a lifelong positive attendance habit: 100% of Nautilus scholars will attend school at least ninety percent of the time
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- 100% of Nautilus scholars participate in Project Based Learning experiences in order to provide rigorous and unique learning opportunities
- 100% of Nautilus scholars have access to 1:1 Technology & smartboards
Area of Focus
- Raising the bar for all scholars: 80% of Nautilus scholars will be at or exceeding grade level standards in English/Language Arts by 2022
- Classroom Volunteers
- WatchDOGS (Dads of Great Students)
- Art Docents
- School Gardeners
- Community Partners through PBL
Check out www.fwps.org/athletics or contact our school for a current list of available athletics teams.
Nautilus 6th - 8th graders can compete on Sacajawea's athletic teams.
Nautilus K-5th graders can participate in the district track program in the Spring.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.