Address: 34620 9th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Andrea Tee
Year School was Built: 1999
School Mission Statement
Federal Way Public Academy is a college preparatory school that families and students choose to attend. The school’s program emphasizes a challenging ‘traditional’ academic curriculum for every student in every subject. Public Academy prepares students for rigorous, academic instruction in order to prepare them for their college experiences.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
· Each scholar becomes engaged in the broader community through community service, either through the school or in their personal lives
· Scholars are supported in their social emotional development
Goal 4- Content-Area Comptetence: Mastery of All Subjects
· Scholars are challenged through advanced coursework and rigorous curricular offerings
· Scholars achieve at high levels on state exams
· Scholars are supported in their academic soft skills development
FWPA values input and participation from parents. Though we have the scheduled Student Led Conferences, at FWPA we like to say that every day can be a conference day. We encourage parents to speak to their child's teachers on a regular basis. In addition to our on-going communication, FWPA has an active parent Booster Club, where families can share ideas, take part in school fundraisers and help build and sustain a healthy school environment.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.