Address: 34620 9th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Kurt Lauer
Year School was Built: 1999
School Mission Statement
Federal Way Public Academy is a college preparatory school that families and students choose to attend. The school’s program emphasizes a challenging ‘traditional’ academic curriculum for every student in every subject. Public Academy prepares students for rigorous, academic instruction in order to prepare them for their college experiences.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- Each scholar is required to do community service
- Our school provides volunteer opportunities
Area of Focus
- Scholars are involved in their community, participating to make it a better place
Goal 5- Persistence to Graduation: High School Graduation Through Successful Transitions
- When scholars leave 10th grade, over 95% are moving on to an advanced program (IB, Running Start, early college entrance)
- Scholars are required to take higher level classes, which will prepare them for the rigor of advanced programs and college level work
Area of Focus
- Preparing scholars to be equipped to meet the challenges of their post high school plans
FWPA values input and participation from parents. Though we have the scheduled Student Led Conferences, at FWPA we like to say that every day can be a conference day. We encourage parents to speak to their child's teachers on a regular basis. In addition to our on-going communication, FWPA has an active parent Booster Club, where families can share ideas, take part in school fundraisers and help build and sustain a healthy school environment.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.