Address: 3600 S 344th Way
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Yolanda Heidelberg
Assistant Principal:Rachel Smith-Mosel
Grades: K – 5th
Year School was Built: 1965
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Lake Grove Elementary will continually learn, lead, use data and collaborate by ensuring our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals aligned with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 181 scholars were recognized with HERO shirts for perfect attendance in September 2019. We continue to partner with FWPD to support strong attendance.
- School-wide PBIS supports a safe and secure campus with 4 Personal Standards, Caught-Yas, Targeted Areas and exemplars supported through morning announcements.
Area of Focus
- Student Voice Summit/Leopard Leader launch includes service learning to inform and elevate student voice
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- School-wide writing focus: SPOT ON WRITING resulted in double digit growth for ELL students as measured on the ELP
- 3rd grade Reading Zone is hosted by library staff in direct support of Strategic Plan’s Aspirational Goal of 80% of 3rd grade scholars meeting or exceeding grade level standards in ELA. ALL students assigned to Reading Zones before school in support of literacy
Area of Focus
- All hands on deck for ALL Learners – with a focus on high quality teaching and learning, common planning time for teachers, and targeted supports
Parents and Community members are an asset to Lake Grove Elementary. Parent involvement in SLCs, PBIS, SLT, VIP events, classroom and after school activities encourage our scholars to attend school and to be involved themselves. Our PTA and Community Partners support Lake Grove scholars and families throughout the year.
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.