Address: 32607 47th Ave SW
Federal Way WA 98023
Principal: Kent Cross
Asst. Principal Doreen Owens
Counseling: Tyniqua Maggitt
Year School was Built: 1993
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectation, high support, and no excuses the staff of FWPS will continually learn, lead, utilized data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice a dream and a bright future. With the child at the center of our learning community,Green Gables will provide a safe, supportive and caring environment which promotes the process of learning and personal growth.
Our School Goals
Our school goals aligned with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2 - Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals.
- Our Gecko Gold incentive program supports our scholars to display Respectful, Safe, and Productive behaviors throughout the school community.
- This year we've implemented a Scholar Advisory Committee, giving scholars a voice for meaningful change throughout the year.
Area of Focus
- Next step for Goal 2 is building a school wide incentive store. Our Scholar Advisory team will also provide feedback to our school-wide PBIS efforts.
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects.
- Teacher teams are planning carefully within PLC's, Early Release days, and during the school day to collaborate and prepare high quality lessons for all scholars.
- Teacher teams are focused on using Unit Assessments to drive instruction and ensuring that scoring meets the rigor of the standard.
Area of Focus
- We are developing purposeful and meaningful techer feedback aligned to our Mid Unit Assessments that will grow scholars to meet standard on their End of Unit Assessments.
Parents are critical partners in our scholar’s learning. Parental involvement and volunteer opportunites are available including student tutoring, PTA activities, Art docent, Recess Heros and office assistance. Parents may request to visit their child's classroom by giving the teacher or the office a day's prior notice.
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.