Address: 32607 47th Ave SW
Federal Way WA 98023
Principal: Kent Cross
Asst. Principal Tricia Ebel
Counseling: Kayla Prewitt
Year School was Built: 1993
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectation, high support, and no excuses the staff of FWPS will continually learn, lead, utilized data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice a dream and a bright future. With the child at the center of our learning community,Green Gables will provide a safe, supportive and caring environment which promotes the process of learning and personal growth.
Our School Goals
Our school goals aligned with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2 - Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals.
- Systems for social-emotional support are implemented school-wide; all staff and students are taught, provided with frequent feedback to implement with fidelity (Second Step, PBIS, Zones of Regulations.)
- Student Scholars are learning, determine learning goals through classroom success criteria, and monitor their learning progress.
Area of Focus
- School wide incentives for Attendance growth in Math and ELA, and Citizenship within a Pandemic Year..
Goal 3- Active Learners: Engaged, Empowered Critical Thinkers
- Teaching and learning behaviors reflect anti-racist and culturally responsive instructional practices aligned to the instructional framework and system-wide guaranteed and viable curriculum
- Partner with scholars to gather their voice and perspectives regarding the ways to motivate their learning and develop academic tenacity;
- Engage Professional Learning Communities (PLC's) in a cycle of inquiry using multiple measures to inform and adjust instruction while disaggregating data through an equity lens.
Area of Focus
- Staff will identify every scholar's unique knowledge and strengths to deepen their understanding of diversity, identity, cultural competency and personal biases, so that they can become the most effective equity practitioners.
Parents are critical partners in our scholar’s learning. Parental involvement and volunteer opportunites are available including student tutoring, PTA activities, Art docent, Recess Heros and office assistance. Parents may request to visit their child's classroom by giving the teacher or the office a day's prior notice.
School Improvement Plan and Score Cards
Check out www.fwps.org/athletics or contact our school for a current list of available athletics teams.
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.