Address: 3600 S 344th Way
Federal Way, WA 98001
Principal: Kris Rennie
Assistant Principal: Travis Geving
Counseling: Tiffany Williams
Year School was Built: 1958
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Star Lake Elementary School will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
• 93% of our students responding to Tier 1 PBIS supports, resulting in a 12% point decrease in disproportionate discipline data 17-18 to 18-19
• 100% of our families participated in Fall and Spring Student Led Conferences in 2019-2020
Area of Focus
• Through culturally responsive teaching strategies, we are focusing on increasing the percentage of 4th and 5th grade students who feel safe (currently 80%) and welcome (currently 73%) at Star Lake as measured by the Panorama perception survey
Goal 1-The Early Years: Building the Foundation
• The percentage of students reading on level in grades K-3 as measured by iReady increased from 30% to 60% from fall to spring in 2018-19
• 58% of students in grades K-3 finished the 2018-2019 school year reading on target.
Area of Focus
• We are focusing on increasing, by at least 10% each year, the percentage of students in 3rd grade meeting standard on reading as measured by SBA so that at least 80% are meeting standard by 2022
Parents and community members are always welcome at Star Lake! Please join us for PTA meetings and family engagement events. For information about ways you can volunteer in classrooms or increase family partnerships, please contact Jordan Sevier, our family liaison at 253-945-4020.
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.