School Information (temporary location)
New building opens September 2022
Address: 3600 S 344th Way
Federal Way, WA 98001
Principal: Kris Rennie
Assistant Principal: Travis Geving
Counseling: Tiffany Williams
Year School was Built: 2021
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Star Lake Elementary School will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 93% of our students responding to Tier 1 PBIS supports, 79% of surveyed 3rd-5th graders feel a strong sense of belonging, and 91% say they have an adult at school they can count on.
- 100% of our families participated in Fall and Spring Student Led Conferences in 2019-2020
Area of Focus
- Through a multi-tiered system of support and Universal Design for Learning strategies we are focused on creating indivualized supports for social emotional needs of students.
Goal 4- Content Area Competency
- The percentage of students reading on level in grades K-5 as measured by iReady increased from 23% to 34% from fall to winter 2021
- 65% of students are on target to make a typical or accelerated year’s growth as measured by iReady reading.
Area of Focus
- We are focusing on increasing, by at least 10% each year, the percentage of students in 3rd grade meeting standard on reading as measured by SBA so that at least 80% are meeting standard by 2026.
Parents and community members are always welcome at Star Lake! Please join us for virtual PTA meetings and family engagement events. For information about ways you can volunteer or increase family partnerships, please contact Jessica Hilderbrand, our family liaison at 253-945-4020.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.