We are excited to welcome your child back to in-person learning for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year!
• Scholars will wear a mask and maintain six feet of physical distance when lining up/boarding the bus.
• Scholars must wear a face covering at all times on the bus.
• Staff and scholars will wear a face covering at all times when at school.
As you’ve opted in for transportation services, your child's bus route information is located in ParentVUE:
For assistance with locating bus routes in ParentVUE or general questions, please connect with Jordan Sevier, Family Liaison (253) 945-4020 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All scholars will have an assigned seat. Please have your child at their bus stop five (5) minutes prior to the scheduled pick up time.
Bus drivers will be provided a list of eligible riders for each bus route to verify students approved for ridership. Please have your child bring this letter with him/her on the first day of in-person learning to board the bus. This year:
• A bus pass will be supplied to students on the first day. It will be provided in a badge holder with an attached lanyard.
• Students will use their bus pass to board the bus every day. This helps the Transportation Department and schools to ensure scholars are boarding the correct buses and get everyone to and from school safely.
• If your child's bus pass is misplaced or damaged, please contact the Transportation Department at 253-945-5960 to receive a new one.
Please review the following bus expectations to ensure a safe bus ride for all scholars. For further information or details, please visit our website at https://www.fwps.org/busroutes.
Health and safety expectations are as follows:
• Parents are required to complete daily health screenings prior to boarding the bus
• Be sure to keep 6 ft social distance at the bus stop
• Wear your mask at all times while on the bus.
• Sit in your assigned seat
o one person to a seat
o Sit at the window side of the seat
o Scholars living in the same household can sit together
• Windows will be open one-third to maximize air flow unless the outside temperature is below 40 degrees
• Scholars will load the bus from back to front
• Scholars will unload the bus from front to back
• Buses will operate at a reduced capacity
• The bus will be disinfected between each group of scholars transported
*These routes and bus stops are based on current student enrollment and ridership needs. As enrollment changes, sometimes routes and bus stops need to be adjusted to meet ridership needs. If this affects your child’s route or bus stop, a letter will be sent home with your child 48 hours prior to the change. This will give you the opportunity to review this information with your scholar.
For additional information, or if your child will not be utilizing FWPS bus service, please contact Transportation at email@example.com or at 253-945-5960.