Address: 4400 SW 320th St
Federal Way, WA 98023
Principal: Anne Plenkovich
Assistant Principal: Marisa Gines
Counseling: Sandra Ramirez
Year School was Built: 1968
School Mission Statement
Twin Lakes’ mission is to collaborate with staff, students, families, and the community to maintain a learning focused culture where each scholar feels connected, safe and empowered to contribute and achieve at their highest level.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan and are focused on creating an INCLUSIVE school community for students, staff, and families
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- As a result of school-wide PBIS systems, Twin Lakes decreased suspension rates by 70%
- 90% of our scholars feel connected to an adult at school according to Fall 2021 student survey
Area of Focus
- We are determined to have 100% of our scholars feel connected to an adult at school and will continue to develop systems to support this effort
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Twin Lakes scholars are empowered learners demonstrating significant growth in reading and math according to our iReady and IRLA assessments
- On Average 95% of our readers meet with their teacher at least every 2 weeks or more for an individual reading conference.
Area of Focus
- We have a school-wide instructional focus on student ownership, capitalizing on student strengths, differentiation, and teacher use of assessment. These practices help us personalize learning goals based on student strengths, needs, cultural background, etc.
Parents/guardians can join the TWL PTA. Parents/ guardians can reach out directly to the office or their scholars teacher to access additional information or resources. We are proud of our history of volunteers and community partners who have worked collaboratively to support our scholars’ academic, social and emotional learning.
You can find the following data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.