Address: 3601 SW 336th St
Federal Way, WA 98023
Principal: Vicki Lopez
Assistant Principal: Elli Rushing
Counselor: Natalie Sword
Year School was Built: 1969
School Mission Statement
Our mission is to nurture and accelerate students’ social, emotional, and academic growth. Through a variety of strategies we promote critical thinking, and engage students in ownership of their learning.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- School-wide PBIS System to support routines, safety and promote positive behaviors
- Our continued effort to systematize our multiple systems of supports for our scholars
Area of Focus
- Increasing our attendance rate and eliminating disproportionality in our discipline—to ensure every scholar is attending school regularly and learning every day
Goal 1- The Early Years: Building the Foundation
- All K-2 scholars in the primary grades have access to phonics instruction in order to support foundational reading skills
- Use of co-teaching and push-in models to support and differentiate the needs through high quality core instruction
Area of Focus
- High quality instruction through lesson design to include formative assessment and feedback to accelerate our ELL scholars’ success.
With over 235 volunteers, Brigadoon staff and families work collaboratively to support our scholars’ academic, social and emotional learning in academic core subjects, and encouraging participation in Science Fairs, Multicultural Night, Read Aloud Night, Curriculum Nights & Musical Concerts. Community Partnerships with area businesses helps support the needs of our scholars. Parent Leadership is a pillar of various Brigadoon building committees.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.