Address: 24629 42nd Ave S
Kent, WA 98032
Principal: Kelly Maloney
Assistant Principal: Molly Burkhardt
Counseling: Melissa Smith
Year School was Built: 2011
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Sunnycrest Elementary School will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- Scholars come to Sunnycrest to learn, as indicated by our 95% rate of scholar attendance
- Implementation of Sunnycrest’s Scholar Advisory Committee, giving scholars a voice for meaningful school-wide change throughout the school year
Area of Focus
- Reduce the disproportionality in our discipline data by ensuring that every scholar is attending school and engaged in high quality instruction
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence:
Mastery of All Subjects
- The number of scholars reading on grade level as measured by iReady increased by 22% during the 2018-2019 school year
- The number of scholars math on grade level as measured by iReady increased by 22% during the 2018-2019 school year
Area of Focus
- High quality core instruction in every classroom, ensuring our Primary scholars are on track to read at grade level by third grade. 100% of Kindergarten Scholars will be proficient on the Foundational Skills Assessment for Reading
At Sunnycrest, we proudly partner with our families and community. We offer a multitude of events and opportunities which include: Ready for K!, ELL Family Academy, PTA, Multicultural Night, assemblies, monthly Coffee Chat with the Principal, and much more! For information about ways you can volunteer or increase family partnerships, please contact our family liaison, Kirsten Encinas, at 253-945-4133.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.