Address: 2800 SW 320th St
Federal Way, WA 98023
Principal: Jamie Tough
Assistant Principal: Nikki Bleich
Assistant Principal: Charleen Prichard
Counseling: Char Franz, Brett Laymon, Janine Weber
Year School was Built: 1976
School Mission Statement
Decatur High School’s mission is to empower respectful, critically thinking scholars to explore their future college and careers in a way that is individualized to their needs and identities. Gator staff provides supportive, loving guidance through a safe, rigorous, diverse and equitable environment.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- 83% school-wide PBIS Implementation to support a safe and welcoming environment for all scholars
- 93% participation in Student Led Conferences, an increase of 8% from the previous year
Area of Focus
- As we continue to implement proactive and positive supports for our scholars, we are now ready to implement a Tier II system that focuses on targeted interventions to build skills that will result in desired behaviors
Goal 5- Persistence to Graduation: High School Graduation Through Successful Transitions
- 90% of our scholars are graduating on time as we prepare all scholars for career and college pursuits. This is an increase of 2% from the previous year
- FAFSA/WASFA completion is at 70%. This supports scholars in accessing financial support for the transition to college
Area of Focus
- Continuing to grow our graduation rate and FAFSA/WASA completion rates - we will continue to support, track and monitor our scholars’ progress towards graduation, post-secondary education and career readiness
We have a variety of opportunities for parents to be involved in our school. These opportunities include: PTSA, Decatur Gators Booster Club, Volunteering and many more. Please contact the main office (253.945.5200) for more information.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.