Address: 31455 28th Ave S
Federal Way, WA 98003
Principal: Caitlin Boline
Assistant Principal: Aaron Bellessa
Counseling: Melissa Pederson & Dr. Marla Stewart
Year School was Built: 1996
School Mission Statement
Federal Way Open Doors’ mission is knowing every student by name, strength and need!
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- Restorative practices are utilized to support positive peer relationships and maximize time for teaching and learning
- Multiple community-based organizations on site that assist with meeting the needs of the whole child
Area of Focus
- High quality learning experiences that reduce the disproportionality in student outcomes and a scholar advisory committee that informs our school improvement plan
Goal 5- Persistence to Graduation: High School Graduation Through Successful Transitions
- Personalized learning plans (PLPs) support unique and individualized opportunities for students to prepare for career and college pursuits
- Personalized opportunities and learning plans allow unique pathways to graduation—giving scholars an opportunity to earn a diploma in a non-traditional setting
Area of Focus
- Develop system to improve and monitor attendance and also provide increased opportunities for formative assessment and feedback
Scholars share their learning through project exhibitions where family and caring adults are welcomed into their learning environment.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.