Valhalla Elementary School Profile
Address: 27847 42nd Ave S
Auburn, WA 98001
Principal: Erika Rudnicki
Assistant Principal: Jake Booker
Counseling: Kelsey Cinkovich
Year School was Built: 1967
School Mission Statement
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Federal Way Public Schools will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals aligned with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- Navigator Program: This year we are re-branding and re-launching the traditional self-manager program. The Navigator program focuses on meeting personal behavioral goals
- PBIS Tier I: Valhalla has successfully implemented PBIS tier I systems with 87% fidelity based on the Tiered Fidelity Inventory
Area of Focus
- Valhalla is focusing on PBIS Tier II implementation. Currently we have check in, check out. We are expanding systematic interventions to include friendship groups, social skills instruction groups, and breaks or better
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- Increase in ELL scholar exit rates: Valhalla increased our ELL exit rate by 5% from 13% to 18% [2017-2018]
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC): Valhalla staff engage in PLCS once every six days with teams to align practices and utilize data to inform instructional decisions. A pride point is the collaboration across settings: ELL teachers, Special Education teachers, and Interventionists
Area of Focus
- We are focusing on formative assessment and feedback and math practices to support high quality core instruction in every class
We love volunteers here at Valhalla. Our Family Liaison, Elizabeth Bagnell, helps coordinate our volunteers through several outreach programs such as Rotary and Kiwanis. If you would like to be involved, please call 253-945-4346.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.