Address: 3600 S 344th Way
Federal Way, Wa 98001
Principal: Natalee Daniels
Assistant Principal: A.J. Brown
Counseling: Courtney Nowlin
Year School was Built: 1957
School Mission Statement
The Mirror Lake community works together to create a caring, supportive and growth-oriented environment where individuals are valued. We facilitate a life-long love of learning with recognition and respect for diversity of others and the world around us.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2- Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals
- We are HAWK STARS at Mirror Lake and celebrate being safe, respectful, and responsible
- Implementation of scholar advisory committee; giving scholars a voice for meaningful school-wide change throughout the school year
Area of Focus
- Being safe, respectful, and responsibe through through school-wide PBIS systems
Goal 1- The Early Years: Building the Foundation
- 100% of our classrooms have visible learning targets and success criteria to help guide scholar learning
- Our school is focused on formative assessment and feedback to guide targeted instruction and differentiation for all scholars
Area of Focus
- We are focusing on increasing, by at least 10% each year, the percentage of students in 3rd grade meeting standard on reading as measured by SBA so that at least 80% are meeting by 2022
Mirror Lake is privileged to have rich partnerships with area community members, parents, and businesses. We encourage volunteers to come and read to our students. We partner with St. Luke’s Church to provide services for our families such as Holiday events, Lunch Buddies, Greeters, Read To Me program and providing food for the weekend. Kiwanis sponsors our Terrific Kids Assemblies. Local firefighters provide warm winter coats for students.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.