Address: 3015 S 368th St
Federal Way, WA 98003
Interim Principal: Kimberly Graham
Assistant Principal: Carla Carrizosa
Counseling: Nicole Momaney
Year School was Built: 1990
School Mission Statement
The Rainier View community will ensure and sustain high expectations, high standards and no excuses. We are committed to data driven achievement through continuous support, communication and collaboration to guarantee our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our School Goals
Our school goals align with the district strategic plan:
Goal 2– Whole Child: Thriving, Confident, Responsible Individuals.
- 100% of our classrooms have implemented with fidelity 2nd Step curriculum resulting in fewer disciplinary referrals by 35%
- Building wide full implementation of TIER 1 PBIS, 84% of our scholars feel they are safe at school
Area of Focus:
- Tier II PBIS and a school-wide MTSS System will provide additional systems for instruction and differentiation to support positive behaviors. Eliminating 100% disproportionality in discipline data by 2022, and continue to decrease school discipline
Goal 4- Content-Area Competence: Mastery of All Subjects
- To help our scholars become active, real-world problem solvers and improve math skills, 100% of our 4th & 5th grade scholars are early implementors of the rigorous new Ready Math curriculum
- In order to support high quality instruction in reading, 100% of our primary classrooms have implemented the researched based essential strategy filled comprehensive reading curriculum Fundations
Area of Focus
- Our focus is on high quality instruction in order to ensure 80% of our scholars are meeting or exceeding grade level standards in math and reading by 2022. We will be using formative assessments and feedback to guide instruction
Our parents and community members can get involved very easily by coming in and filling out a Volunteer Form, as well as just jumping in and joining us at our school events.
You can find data for all schools on Washington’s Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction’s website including scholar demographics, teacher information, free and reduced lunch rate, school funding and financial resources, and assessment data at reportcard.ospi.k12.wa.us.
Also, check out the FWPS Data Dashboard on our website: www.fwps.org and click on the “Data Dashboard” icon at the top of the page.