Volunteering at Illahee
Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help out at Illahee! We are so excited to have parent involvement at our school and your help will make a successful learning environment for all students.
Most of us think education is important. We know that our children’s future success and happiness depends on the education they receive today. That’s why we are asking for your help. Your PTSA is partnering with Illahee’s administration so you can be a part of this learning process – as a volunteer.
Why should your volunteer?
There are many reasons:
- Your kids will benefit. Your presence in the classroom will be helpful and positive. You can also volunteer to chaperone a field trip, special events, or be involved in the Watch Dog program.
- You’ll get to know your children’s teachers. Knowing the teachers make it easier to ask for help when your child needs it.
- The school will benefit. The time you spend in school will allow our staff to do more things for more kids. That means better learning for all.
- The community will benefit. You’ll learn more about our school, and you’ll be able to share what you know with friends, neighbors and co-workers.
- Volunteering is easy.
- Volunteering is satisfying. You’ll meet other parents. You may learn new skills. And you’ll get a good feeling from knowing that you’re a part of something important.
*Please consider helping our kids. You can be someone who makes a difference.*
Becoming a volunteer
Here are some simple steps to become a volunteer.
- Call our office Manager Tonja Camba at 253-945-4601
- Come into our office to pick up Volunteer/WSP clearance paperwork to complete the background check
The process can sometimes take 2-3 weeks. Please plan ahead if you plan to chaperone or volunteer for an upcoming event.