Volunteering in Schools
All persons wishing to volunteer at Federal Public Schools are required to complete a volunteer application and pass a background check prior to beginning any volunteer activity.
Download the volunteer application form:
- English volunteer application form
- Dari volunteer application form
- Korean volunteer application form
- Pashto volunteer application form
- Russian volunteer application form
- Somali volunteer application form
- Spanish volunteer application form
- Ukrainian volunteer application form
- Vietnamese volunteer application form
Note: If you are a current staff member or a student, contact your school or the Safety and Security Department for more information about volunteer requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years old and not a current FWPS K-12 scholar
- All volunteers must complete a volunteer application prior to beginning any volunteer assignment. You can access the form by clicking the link above or you may also request a copy from your scholar's school.
- Approval to serve as a volunteer is granted by the District’s School Safety, Emergency, and Risk Management Department. Applicants should allow a minimum of three weeks after submitting their application to their school of interest to receive clearance to begin serving as a volunteer.
- Volunteers must remain under the supervision of a staff member at all times when interacting with FWPS scholars.
Department of School Safety, Emergency and Risk Management
Educational Services Center
33330 8th Ave. S.
Federal Way, WA 98003