Native Education Program
The Title VI Native Education Program provides:
- Scholar support in qualifying for specialized academic services
- Non-academic support to Native scholars, and their families
- Access to various district/program engagement opportunities
- Professional development for Federal Way Public Schools staff
- Access to tribal health and behavioral mental health services
- Access to various district and program engagement opportunities
- Post-secondary and career guidance specific to AI/AN options
- Culturally-responsive leadership development
- Support in the integration and ongoing development of the Washington State Since Time Immemorial Tribal Sovereignty Curriculum
- Advocates for Native scholars and their families
- Liaison support between scholars, families, school staff and community agencies
- Information and advisement about tribal affiliation and enrollment processes to American Indian/ Alaska Native students
Who is Eligible for Services?
To be eligible for program services, a signed Title VI 506 form must be on file in the district office. You may complete this form during Online Registration. Please do not leave the tribal affiliation space blank on the form. Click here to access a downloaded copy of the Title VI 506 form.