Flyer Distribution and Approval
Federal Way Public Schools works with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students. Notification of those activities is now distributed electronically via Peachjar.
Besides lessening the paper load on schools, this is a more environmentally friendly method and embraces our students’ parents’ growing use of electronic devices and apps.
Getting Started with PeachJar is as Easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Visit www.peachjar.com.
- Register as a Community Organization (under “account type”). (From the main page, click on the orange “Sign Up” button in the top right-hand corner, or follow the link.
- Upload your flyer for approval. Your flyer will automatically be submitted to the district office. District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards described in the guidelines.
Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to all parents who have provided us an email address. Your flyer will also be posted online.
What are the requirements for distributing flyers?
In order to distribute flyers to parents, your organization must be a non-profit 501(c)3.
In addition, ALL flyers to be distributed must:
- Include the following disclaimer using exact wording:
“This event is not sponsored by Federal Way Public Schools and the District assumes no responsibility for the conduct or safety during the event. In consideration for the privilege to distribute this information/hold this event, the organization shall defend, indemnify and hold Federal Way Public Schools harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, losses or suits including attorney fees arising out of or in connection with this event, except for injuries and damages caused by the sole negligence of the district."
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes no less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
How to submit your request to distribute a flyer
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. But first, please read the following FAQs.
- What kind of content can be considered for distribution?
- Who must fill out the application?
- How do I upload my flyer?
- How much does it cost to distribute my materials?
- What is the Peachjar Community Free Program?
- When and how will I be notified of the approval status after I submit my request for distribution?
- What if my flyer is not approved?
- What are some tips to design an effective e-flyer?