Getting off to a strong start in Kindergarten
Here are some traits and skills that you can help your child develop before he or she gets to Kindergarten:
- Enjoys being read to and can retell a story
- Speaks in complete sentences
- Prints first name
- Counts to twenty
- Names and sorts items by color, shape and size
- Understands concepts such as more, less, same, above, below, big and small
- Adapts to new groups or situations
- Can concentrate for five minutes
- Follows simple directions
- Shows kindness and concern for others
Forms you may be asked to complete
Note: Schools often have individualized forms that parents are asked to complete. The list is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all forms from all schools, but it covers the majority of forms required across the district.
Release of directory information should be filled out and returned to school ONLY if you wish to prohibit or restrict the sharing of some or all of your students’ information as described by the Federal law known as FERPA.