Skip To Main Content

Color1 BG Container

District Nav

Landing Nav

Paying for College

What is Financial Aid?

Financial Aid is funding given to assist in covering the many costs associated with accredited 2-year and 4-year colleges, as well as technical and trade schools. Financial aid is available from the federal government, the state government, educational institutions, and private agencies (foundations). To be eligible for federal and state aid, you must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). You will NOT fill out both of these forms. 

If you are unsure which application you should be filling out, visit to see for which form you are eligible.

Follow the links below to watch informational videos about financial aid:

FAFSA Overview

How to Fill Out the FAFSA

Types of Federal Student Aid

WASFA Application Guide

Types of Financial Aid