Dual Credit in CTE
A CTE dual credit course is a rigorous, college-level high school class that allows you to earn both high school and college credit at the same time.
Benefits of Dual-Credit Courses:
- Free College Credit
Example: Taking “Computer Applications” in high school can earn you 5.0 credits at Renton Technical College for “MAP 114 – Computer Fundamentals: Office 365” AND save you $665.25 (the cost to take a 5.0 credit course at RTC).
- College Preparation
Rigorous courses in high school will prepare you for a smooth transition to college education.
- Earlier College Graduation
You may be able to graduate college sooner by earning college credit early while in high school.
- Higher Pay in the Military
If you are planning to enter the military after high school, you may be able to enlist at a higher pay grade based on earned college credits.
- Complete a qualifying CTE High School course listed in the chart below with a “C” (2.0) or better and be granted credit by your High School.
General Directions of How to Access This Free College Credit:
- Apply for admission to enroll at the qualifying college.
- Request for an official high school transcript to be sent to the college.
- Complete the required CTE Dual Credit Request Form.
- Allow time for processing, then contact the college representative listed below to follow-up on the status of your CTE Dual Credit transcription:
(Procedures may vary by college, please see below to view the dual credit procedures by college.)