Mission, Vision and Values
In an environment of high expectations, high support, and no excuses, the staff of Federal Way Public Schools will continually learn, lead, utilize data, and collaborate to ensure our scholars have a voice, a dream, and a bright future.
Our Vision for Excellence and Equity
FWPS believes that each and every scholar has limitless potential and is committed to ensuring that all scholars, of every race, class, linguistic background, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, and other exceptionalities, thrive and achieve at high levels. We will engage in anti-racist and inclusionary practices to identify and eliminate the barriers that cause disproportionality.
Our Core Beliefs
- We believe that EVERY scholar can learn at the highest level.
- We believe that race, socioeconomics, language, cultural background, and other exceptionalities should not be predictors of student achievement.
- We believe that our scholars must have a voice, see themselves in their schooling, and be connected to the adults that teach them.
- We believe that what we do in the classroom every day has the greatest impact on student learning.
- We believe that we must continually learn and grow in our practice if we are to meet the needs of all scholars.
- We believe that we must intentionally collaborate and use data as a guide to improve our practice.
- We believe that our families are critical partners in each child’s learning.