Report a Concern
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger please contact 911.
If you would like to report a school-related safety concern, please call the Safe Schools Tip Line at 253-945-SAFE (7233) or contact the school directly.
The Safe Schools Tip Line allows students, families, staff, and community members to report school-related safety concerns anonymously, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
School is no place for Bullying, Intimidation, or Harassment. All students and staff deserve a safe and supportive environment in which to learn and teach.
Under district policy, harassment, intimidation, or bullying means any intentional electronic, written, verbal, or physical act, including but not limited to one shown to be motivated because of his or her perception of the victim’s race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or mental, physical, or sensory handicap or other distinguishing characteristics.
Bullying exists when:
- There is intentional harm-doing.
- A negative action is repeated over time.
- There is an imbalance of power.
Bullying also is shown to:
- Physically harm a student or damage the student’s property; or
- Substantially interfere with a student’s education; or
- Be so severe, persistent, or pervasive that it creates an intimidating or threatening educational environment; or
- Have the effect of substantially disrupting the orderly operation of the school.
It is important to note, that an incident is not required to have all of these characteristics in order to constitute a HIB violation, if you are unsure you should always report anyway and let your school administrator decide.