Federal Way High School's Pre-Apprenticeship Program
About the Pre-Apprenticeship Program
Are you looking for a career instead of a minimum-wage job post-high school? Are you considering a career in the construction trades? Then you have come to the right place... keep reading.
Trained professionals are needed to build homes, offices, high-rises, roads, and bridges. These projects are essential to everyday life and require hundreds of skilled workers trained in more than 20 different building trades. Examples include carpenters, cement masons, electricians, ironworkers, laborers, pipefitters, sheet metal workers, sprinkler fitters, and more.
Why Federal Way High School Pre-Apprenticeship Program (PAP)?
PAP will help you get started down the apprenticeship pathway to becoming a trained professional with a high-paying career in the building trades. You do not need previous experience. Our instructors will help you build a competitive resume, connect with tradespeople in our community who are looking to hire skilled PAP scholars who have successfully completed and this program. We will teach you what you need to know to get started.
PAP Quick Facts:
- July 15th of 2021 Federal Way High Schools Pre-Apprenticeship program was recognized by the Washington State Trades and Apprenticeship Council. This means that scholars who successfully complete this program have preferred entry into all trades.
- Our current industry partners are the Carpenter, Electrical, and Laborers Unions. We will be adding more each year.
- We currently offer free college credit through a Dual Credit articulation agreement with Renton Technical College. Dual credit with Green River and Central Washington University is in progress.
- Scholars will have the opportunity to earn industry-recognized credentials including OSHA 10, Forklift, and Flagger Certifications.
- Scholars will have the opportunity to earn CTE, science, and math credit and a high school diploma.
Career possibilities for successful PAP graduates are plentiful in our community and region. The PAP program utilizes our partnership with industry professionals to provide scholars with hands-on experience in many trades, some of which include: carpentry, electrical, welding, sheet metal, masonry, labor, and more.
See the outcomes for our scholars: https://www.federalwaymirror.com/news/fwhs-program-helps-student-and-grad-capture-coveted-apprenticeships/
If you would like more information on this program offered at Federal Way High School reach out to your school counselor or email us email@example.com.