Quarantine and Isolation Guidelines: Staff and Scholars Ages 18+
The following guidance is effective Tuesday, January 11, 2022 for staff, and Wednesday, January 12 for scholars.
Quarantine Guidelines for Close Contacts
Use the guide below to determine whether you must quarantine and if you can participate in Test to Stay based on vaccination status and recent confirmed COVID-19 case.
If not using Test to Stay, quarantine ends after 5 full days after the last close contact, if no symptoms have developed, and after receiving a negative test result from a test taken no sooner than day 5, or 10 days without a test.
Test to Stay Updates
- Test to Stay will now include close contacts in non-school settings
- Modified quarantine period is 5 days
- Students can attend extracurricular activities and school-aged childcare during modified quarantine, if participating in testing
- Individuals must continue to wear a mask during extracurricular and sport activities
New Isolation Guidelines
All people with COVID-19 (with or without symptoms) must quarantine and isolate for at least 5 days.
If asymptomatic (without symptoms):
- Isolate for at least 5 days, with Day 0 being the day of the positive test and Day 1 being the first full day after the specimen was collected
- If there are still no symptoms after 5 days, end isolation
- If symptoms develop, the 5-day isolation period starts over with Day 0 being the first day of symptoms
If the person has or had symptoms:
- Isolate for at least 5 days, with Day 0 being the first day of symptoms, and Day 1 being the first full day after developing symptoms
- After 5 days, end isolation if fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medication and improvement of symptoms
- If symptoms and/or fever continue, wait to end isolation until fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and improvement of symptoms.