Phases and Components
Phases of the Plan
The plan is divided into three phases that will begin in Summer of 2021 and move forward throughout the 2021-2022 school year. The three phases address our immediate, short term, and long-term plans for interventions and supports.
• Phase 1 includes our summer learning opportunities and our launch of the 2021-2022 school year.
• Phase 2 will be submitted to OSPI in November and builds upon the work started in the first phase and includes plans for longer term supports.
• Phase 3 will be submitted in spring and will include planning and actions to accelerate learning and well-being and sustain long-term improvements.
Components of the Plan
While using a lens of equity throughout, the FWPS recovery plan covers all components required by OSPI. All decisions and planning are run through an equity analysis tool to ensure decisions are made with that lens. These components include:
• Academic and well-being supports for ALL, SOME, and FEW scholars (Universal Supports, Strategic Supports)
• Diagnostic assessments to identify needs for academic and well-being supports and interventions
• Monitoring the academic and well-being progress of scholars to measure effectiveness (Progress Monitoring)
• Incorporating scholar and family voice in the design and implementation of the plan
• Identifying supports for implementation, or putting the plan in action