Federal Way Public Schools is currently in a 100% Remote Learning model.
FWPS will continue to make decisions about reopening in alignment with guidance from the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction and the Washington State Department of Health (WSDOH). For the latest guidance, please visit https://www.fwps.org/Page/7684.
A hybrid model is composed of two components: face-to-face instruction and online instruction. In a hybrid learning model, the learning that is done online is planned and deliberate and uses digital tools and connects to the face-to-face instruction.
This transition to face-to-face instruction will begin with our preschool, kindergarten, and grade 1 scholars, select scholars in our special education program across all grade levels, and small group instruction for scholars who need additional supports at our middle and high schools.
Federal Way Public Schools return to in-person instruction
Our team has been working hard to build out a comprehensive plan for a safe return to in-person learning and are committed to doing this well.
With the many moving pieces of scheduling, class lists, transportation, refining safety protocols and structures, rapid testing, staff and parent communication, and so much more, we are focused on effectively transitioning from one model of remote learning to two models with strong safety measures in place, numerous training and resources for our staff and families, and clear, timely communications and updates.
In order to best prepare for our return to in-person instruction, we have updated the schedule to incorporate valuable transition time for our scholars, staff and families. This transition time will involve a week of asynchronous activities beginning March 8 to ensure a smooth start of in-person learning beginning March 15.
• March 1-5, 2021: The last full week of 100% remote learning for PreK-1, K-2 Academic Core Program (ACP), K-12 Functional Core Program (FCP), and Employment Transition Program (ETP) students.
• March 8-12, 2021: Asynchronous learning for transition activities for all Pre-K through grade 5, ETP, and K-12 FCP students. There will be a variety of activities for staff and students, including staff training on health and safety protocols, and time for scholars to meet their new class.
• Beginning March 15, 2021: Return to in-person learning for PreK–1, K-2 ACP, ETP, and K-12 FCP.
• Beginning March 29, 2021: Return to in-person learning for Grades 2-3 and 3-5 ACP.
• Beginning April 19, 2021: Return to in-person learning for Grades 4-5.
For more information, please visit our Hybrid Model Overview page: https://www.fwps.org/Page/8072
March 4, 2021 - Schedule and AM/PM Assignment Information for Parents and Guardians of Pre-K through grade 5, ETP, and K-12 FCP students
Parents can find their child’s schedule and/or AM/PM session in ParentVUE.
You can find this information by logging into ParentVUE at grades.fwps.org or through the ParentVUE app.
- To find your child’s schedule, click on the “Documents” tab on the lower left-hand side and click on the “Student Schedule” document
- To find AM/PM assignment information, look under the “Student Info” tab
You can find general information about ParentVUE on the FWPS Parent Portal at www.fwps.org/Page/7594.
A general video on how to access your child’s schedule can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUvwFCAnlvs.